Are you looking for something fun to do for date night or a girls night out? How about The Candle Lab. I was recently invited to a blogger event at the location at The Anderson Town Centre here in Cincinnati and it was an absolute blast!
This was actually my very first experience pouring my own candle and developing my own scent, so I had no clue what to expect. Thankfully, the ladies at The Candle Lab were so helpful every step of the way.
So, if you’re like me and have never poured your own candle before, you may be wondering how it works.
The Candle Pouring Experience
1. The first thing we did was smell all the scents. At The Candle Lab, there is an entire wall of scents. They have everything from bacon, to sugar cookies, to one of my personal favorites, olive blossom.
2. As we made our way through all the scents, the scent stylists instructed us to list our very favorites. Mine included scents such as Teakwood, Bay Leaf, Bergamot, and Elder Flower.
3. Once I felt I had a decent list of scents compiled, I chose my jar. I ended up going with a simple white glass jar so I could move it to any room in my home.
4. Next, we chose our three absolute favorite scents. I had a difficult time choosing which three would mix well together, so my scent stylist told me to choose two scents and she picked a third that would compliment my other scents nicely.
I ended up going with Yuzu, Awapuhi, and Olive Blossom. I’ll be honest, I didn’t even realize those scents existed and it’s definitely not what I expected to choose, but they smell great together.
5. Before mixing my scents, I created a label for the bottom of my jar. The scent stylists provided us with colorful pens and encouraged us to be as creative as we wanted. Unfortunately, my creative juices weren’t flowing well that evening, so I just listed my three scents. Whomp, whomp.
6. Lastly, I mixed my scents and then swiftly poured my mixture into melted wax. To my surprise, we only had to wait a little over an hour for our candle to dry and then we got to take them home.
This was such a fun experience and I highly recommend it. A huge thank you to The Candle Lab for having us!
Want to pour your own candle? Here is a list of their various locations.