I absolutely love having fresh flowers in the house, but it sure does lighten my wallet a bit buying them every. single. week. In an attempt (notice I say “attempt”, somehow my car ends up taking me to Trader Joe’s weekly #whoops) to save some coins, I picked up some silk flowers (at Hobby Lobby, they’re 50% off every other week), a simple glass vase, and some fake water and went to town creating a faux summer flower arrangement. Today, I’m sharing a step by step tutorial so that you can create your own arrangement that will stay beautiful forever!
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on any of these links and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. To see my full disclosure, click here.
2. Make sure that Part A and Part B of the Quick Water are completely clear.
3. Cut stems to desired length. I left my split leaf stems a little longer than the peonies so they would stick out a bit further.
4. Figure out how you’d like your flowers arranged. This is important because once you pour the Quick Water, there isn’t a lot of time to adjust flowers. Take them out once you’ve figured it out.
5. and 6. In a clean bowl (make sure it’s one that can be thrown away after use), pour the entire bottle of Part B first, then Part A.
*If you’re vase isn’t large enough to use all of A and B, just make sure to use equal parts of both.
7. Stir mixture to remove any streaks and bubbles. Mine still had some tiny bubbles even after stirring, but they disappeared as it cured.
8. Pour mixture into glass vase. Be sure to pour towards the middle to avoid any splash.
9. Arrange flowers. Make sure you like them because the mixture starts to set up within an hour of pouring it. Allow up to a day to fully cure.
I don’t always use my faux arrangements, but they’re a great backup if you don’t have the real deal on hand!
And, if you enjoyed this post, feel free to pin the image below! Thanks!